- 1/4 cup(s) Butter, divided1/4 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Yellow onion, peeled, diced1 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Smithfield Smoked Pork Picnic Shoulder, cooked, pulled1 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Sweet potatoes, peeled, diced, roasted1 cup(s)
- 2 tbsp. Garlic, peeled, minced2 tbsp.
- 8 Eggs8
- 2 oz. Asiago cheese, grated2 oz.
- 2 tsp. Thyme, chopped2 tsp.
- 1 tsp. Salt1 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper1/2 tsp.
- Sea salt, optional
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions, pulled Smithfield Smoked Pork Picnic Shoulder, roasted sweet potatoes and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
In a bowl, whisk eggs, Asiago cheese, thyme, salt and pepper.
In an 8-inch omelet pan, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
Add 1/2 cup egg mixture; as eggs set, gently push cooked eggs into center of pan, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
When eggs are set, spoon 3/4 cup of pork filling on one side; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate. Keep warm. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
Repeat for remaining omelets.