- Vegetable oil
- 4 Smithfield Bone-in or Boneless Chops (1/2-inch thick)4
- 3 Tbsp. Black pepper, divided3 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic salt, divided2 Tbsp.
- 4 Tsp. Poultry seasoning, divided4 Tsp.
- 2 cup(s) Buttermilk2 cup(s)
- 2 cup(s) Flour2 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Panko bread crumbs1 cup(s)
Pour 1 cup buttermilk into 9-inch square pan. Place seasoned chops in buttermilk; pour remaining 1 cup over top. Make sure chops are covered with buttermilk.
In shallow pan, combine flour, bread crumbs and remaining seasonings (2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon garlic salt, and 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning). Mix well.
Remove chops from buttermilk and coat in seasoned flour.
Pour oil into Dutch oven until 2 inches deep. Heat over medium-high heat until temperature reaches 300oF. Carefully place coated chops into hot oil. Fry until chops are browned and internal temperature reaches 150oF., 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally.