- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 whole 1-inch thick Smithfield Prime Pork Chops4 whole
- 2/3 cup(s) Blonde miso2/3 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Maple syrup1/2 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Your favorite beer1/2 cup(s)
- 1 Tsp. Black pepper1 Tsp.
- 2 Tbsp. Salted butter, melted2 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Lemon, juiced1 whole
- 1 Bag apple wood smoking chips, soaked in water1
- 1 Bag charcoal1
- 2 whole Gala apples, thinly sliced2 whole
- 2 Celery hearts, thinly sliced2
- 1 Tbsp. Mustard seeds, toasted1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar1 Tbsp.
- Olive oil, to taste
Combine miso, maple syrup, beer, lemon juice, butter and black pepper in small bowl. Place pork chops in food storage bag and add marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
Heat grill for indirect cooking; oil the grill grates well. Drain apple wood chips and place directly over hot coals to provide smoke. Grill chops over indirect heat until internal temperature reaches 150ºF, adding more wood chips if needed for smoke.
To finish, move chops to direct heat section of grill and cook until nicely charred.
To serve, combine apples, celery, mustard seeds and vinegar. Add some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve with pork chops.