- 3 Tbsp. Fresh herbs such as scallions, chives, parsley or basil, chopped3 Tbsp.
- 8 slice(s) Smithfield Thick Cut Bacon, your favorite flavor8 slice(s)
- 11 Large eggs11
- 8 slice(s) Thick-cut bread, plain, brioche or a hearty grain8 slice(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Milk or half and half1/4 cup(s)
- 3 Tbsp. Grated parmesan3 Tbsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt1/2 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Freshly ground black pepper1/2 Tsp.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Separate strips of bacon and lay out flat in single layer on lightly sprayed, foil-lined, rimmed baking pan, lightly stretching each strip by an inch or two. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bacon begins to curl slightly and fat begins to render. Remove bacon from pan with spatula while warm, draining on paper towels.
In medium bowl, whisk together 3 eggs, milk, Parmesan, salt, pepper and herbs until combined. With heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut centers out of bread slices. Quickly dip bread slices into egg mixture and lay out on lightly oiled rimmed baking pan, spacing at least one inch apart. A quick dip assures your bread will not be too soggy after baking.
Starting from center of top of hearts, carefully line perimeter of cutout with bacon. Crack an egg into each heart and bake for 13-15 minutes or until eggs are just set and bacon begins to crisp on edges. Remove from pan with spatula and serve hot!