- 1/4 cup(s) Butter1/4 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Yellow onion, peeled, diced1/2 cup(s)
- 16 oz. Frozen mixed vegetables16 oz.
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, peeled, minced2 Tbsp.
- 1/2 cup(s) Flour1/2 cup(s)
- 1 1/2 pt. Heavy cream1 1/2 pt.
- 2 cup(s) Smithfield Smoked Pork Picnic Shoulder, cooked, pulled2 cup(s)
- 1 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded1 oz.
- 2 Tbsp. Thyme, chopped2 Tbsp.
- 1/2 Tbsp. Salt1/2 Tbsp.
- 2 Tsp. Black pepper2 Tsp.
- 2 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crusts cut into four 3-1/2 inch rounds2
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, melted2 Tbsp.
Heat oven to 350°F.
In a large sauce pan, sauté onion and garlic in 4 tablespoons butter.
Add vegetables; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Slowly add flour; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until flour is lightly browned.
Slowly add cream; cook and stir until combined.
Add pulled Smithfield Smoked Pork Picnic Shoulder, cheese, thyme, salt and pepper; mix well.
Cook for 5-8 minutes or until thickened.
Portion filling into 4 (8-ounce) ramekins.
Cut pie dough into rounds, 1/4-inch wider than the diameter of the ramekin.
Place pie dough on top of ramekins; pinch around rims to seal.
Brush lightly with melted butter.
Bake for 10 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.