- 1 1/4 pt. Smithfield Anytime Favorites Hardwood Smoked Bone-In Ham Steak, Cubed1 1/4 pt.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Yellow onion, peeled, diced1 1/2 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Carrots, peeled, diced1 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Celery, diced1 cup(s)
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil2 Tbsp.
- 1 qt. Chicken or vegetable stock1 qt.
- 2 cup(s) Broccoli florets2 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Quinoa, rinsed1 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Tomato puree1/2 cup(s)
In a 2-quart stock pot over medium-high heat, cook onions, carrots and celery in oil for 5–8 minutes and or until vegetables are tender.
Add chicken stock, ham, quinoa and tomato purée; stir to combine.
Add ham, cook, and stir for 5 minutes.
Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cook for 10–15 minutes.
Add broccoli; cook for an additional 5 minutes until broccoli and quinoa are tender and the stew begins to thicken.