- 2 1/2 lb. Smithfield Boneless Pork Loin, split lengthwise2 1/2 lb.
- 1 whole Lime, juiced1 whole
- 1 whole Carrot, peeled and shredded1 whole
- 1 whole Small red onion, shaved thin1 whole
- 16 oz. Cola, like coca-cola16 oz.
- 1/2 cup(s) Orange juice1/2 cup(s)
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil2 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Achiote paste1 Tbsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Mexican oregano1/2 Tsp.
- 1 whole Yellow onion, julienned1 whole
- 1 whole Jalapeno, julienned1 whole
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, minced2 clove(s)
- 1 pn. Ground cumin1 pn.
For pickled carrots and onions, combine juice from lime, shredded carrots, shaved onions and salt in small bowl, and let marinate for 1 hour, mixing several times.
Heat oven to 350ºF. Place cut pork loin in 5-inch x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine cola, orange juice, oil, achiote paste and oregano in mixing bowl; whisk until achiote paste is dissolved. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour achiote mixture over pork and cover with foil; bake for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool to room temperature; cut into 1-inch cubes.
Heat large skillet on medium; add pork and fry, stirring often, until evenly golden brown.
Add yellow onion and jalapeño slices; cook 5 minutes or until they begin to brown, stirring often.
Add garlic and cumin and continuing to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Adjust seasonings as desired. Pork should be tender to the touch and moist, and onions and jalapeños lightly browned.