- 12 oz. Hometown original bacon12 oz.
- 8 Waffles, freshly made or frozen packaged, quartered (about 12 cups)8
- 2 Tbsp. Butter2 Tbsp.
- 6 Egg, yolks only6
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Buttermilk1 1/2 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Whipping cream1 cup(s)
- 2/3 cup(s) Maple syrup, divided2/3 cup(s)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla extract1 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt1/4 Tsp.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Fresh mixed berries, such as blueberries, strawberries and blackberries1 1/2 cup(s)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 3-quart oven-safe casserole (8 x 10-inch or similar) with ½ tablespoon butter. In large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, cream, ⅓ cup syrup, vanilla and salt; reserve.
On ungreased rimmed baking pan, spread waffle pieces in even layer and bake for 12–15 minutes or until crisp and lightly toasted. Increase oven temperature to 375F.
Add waffle pieces and bacon to buttermilk mixture and toss to coat evenly. Pour into prepared casserole and tightly cover with foil.
Bake for 45-50 minutes and remove foil. Melt remaining butter and brush over top of casserole and bake, uncovered, for another 10-15 minutes or until top is crisp and toasted. Top with fresh berries and remaining maple syrup, dusting with powdered sugar if desired, and serve warm.