Bacon Buttermilk Waffles with Whipped Nutella
- 1 pkg(s) Smithfield Bacon Bits1 pkg(s)
- 3 cup(s) All-purpose flour3 cup(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Baking powder1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tsp. Baking soda1 Tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Salt1 Tsp.
- 1/3 cup(s) Brown sugar1/3 cup(s)
- 4 Eggs4
- 2/3 cup(s) Melted butter2/3 cup(s)
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Buttermilk2 1/2 cup(s)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla extract1 Tsp.
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Syrup, optional
- 2 cup(s) Heavy whipping cream2 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Nutella, softened to room temperature1 cup(s)
Waffles: Preheat waffle iron.
In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, buttermilk and vanilla.
Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to just combine.
Add chopped bacon and mix slightly without overworking.
Cook waffles according to your waffle cooker and serve with whipped Nutella and powdered sugar.
Whipped Nutella: With electric mixer, or by hand, whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form.
Add Nutella and whip for an additional minute or until well combined and smooth.