Apple Brined Pork Loin with Applesauce and Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
- 1 Smithfield® Prime Boneless Pork Loin (about 2 Pounds)1
- 1 1/2 Cups Apple Juice1 1/2 Cups
- 1/4 Cup Kosher Salt1/4 Cup
- 3 Tbsps. Light Brown Sugar3 Tbsps.
- 1 Tbsp. Coriander Seeds1 Tbsp.
- 2 Small Bay Leaves2
- 2 Tsps. Whole Black Peppercorns2 Tsps.
- 1 Tsp. Black Mustard Seeds1 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes1/2 Tsp.
Pork Loin Filet
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tablespoon Plus 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt, Divided1 Tablespoon Plus 1/2 Teaspoon
- 1 Tablespoon Plus 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Divided1 Tablespoon Plus 1/2 Teaspoon
- 8 Cups Cold Water8 Cups
- Juice Of 1 Lemon
- 1 1/2 Pounds Granny Smith Apples, Peeled, Cored And Cut Into Medium Chunks1 1/2 Pounds
- 2 1/2 Tsps. Sugar2 1/2 Tsps.
- 1 Tsp. Salt1 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon1/4 Tsp.
- 1/8 Tsp. Ground Mace (Optional)1/8 Tsp.
- 1/8 Tsp. Fresh Ground Clove1/8 Tsp.
Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
- 1/4 Cup Water1/4 Cup
- 1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar1/4 Cup
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil1/4 Cup
- 1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter1/4 Cup
- 2 Tbsps. Honey2 Tbsps.
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tsp. Sesame Oil1 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cumin1/4 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes1/4 Tsp.
For the Apple Brine, combine all ingredients in covered container. Refrigerate 24 hours.
For the Pork Loin Filet, strain Apple Brine and cover loin in large pan or food storage bag. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Meanwhile, combine butter, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in microwave-safe bowl.
To make the applesauce, combine water and lemon juice in large mixing bowl. Add apples, stir to coat with lemon water; drain. Combine apples and remaining ingredients in heavy bottomed 3-quart saucepan. Cover pan and cook over medium-low heat for approximately 15 minutes until apples are softened. Remove cover and increase temperature to medium. Stir and mash apples with wooden spoon. Continue cooking and stirring until apples have caramelized; cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Remove loin filet from brine after 4 hours and pat dry with paper towels. Microwave butter mixture for 30 seconds to melt butter. Brush seasoned melted butter over entire pork loin filet. Evenly season with remaining 1 tablespoon each salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes while grill is heating.
Heat charcoal or gas grill for 2-zone cooking; direct heat zone about 400°F. and indirect heat zone about 275°F. Place loin filet over direct heat zone for 10 minutes, turning frequently for even browning. Move browned loin filet to indirect heat zone and cook for 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145°F to 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Meanwhile, for the Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in blender; pulse until well blended. Drizzle Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette over sliced pork and serve with Applesauce.