- 1/2 lb. Smithfield bacon, cooked crisp and chopped1/2 lb.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) All-purpose flour1 1/2 cup(s)
- 1 tbsp. Sugar1 tbsp.
- 2 tsp. Baking powder2 tsp.
- 1 tsp. Baking soda1 tsp.
- 1 tsp. Salt1 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp. Ground cinnamon1/4 tsp.
- 1 pn. Ground nutmeg1 pn.
- 2 Large eggs2
- 1/2 cup(s) Milk1/2 cup(s)
- 2 tbsp. Apple butter, plus extra for serving2 tbsp.
- 2 whole Granny smith apples, peeled and coarsely grated2 whole
- 4 tbsp. Butter, melted4 tbsp.
- Maple syrup
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and stir until blended.
In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, add apple butter and melted butter.
Add to the flour mixture, and stir until batter is just blended. Fold in the apples and bacon.
Heat a griddle or large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until it's hot. Spray with non stick spray or brush with vegetable oil. Drop the batter by 1/4-cup measures onto the griddle; cook until bubbles appear on surface and edges begin to brown, about 2 minutes.
Turn with a spatula; cook until golden, about 1 minute more.
Transfer pancakes to a platter, keep warm in a low oven. Continue process until all pancakes have been cooked.